YOU KILLED ME AND IMMORTALIZED MY NAME

(A throw back on the martyred Somtochukwu Ibeanusi- a 10-year-old lad during Eke-Ukwu Owerri Market demolition and his immortalization)

O, yes!  Mission accomplished
Devil is your mentor
But you're better than him
Because you kill, you embalm
While he steals, kills and destroys.

You are holier than the seraphs
Despite that they sing round the heavenly throne
With their voices of innocence
Still, they can't dare your holiness
Because when you talk, mighty trees fall
And mountains run
For no one born of a woman has your conscience.

‘Pope is infallible’ in proclaiming the “Ex Cathedra
But your infallibility cant be dared by even the holiest Pope
Because you take decisions without looking back
Even if the poor drowns in the ocean of penury
While you merry in your holiness
None is your business because they made you their king.

My blood you spilled like rancid red oil
Not respecting the gods of the market
Anyway, you must have blinded them from seeing
My parents wailed and wailed for their only son
But in your heart you told them:
“Go and bear another son!”

You are a holy killer
Having killed me and immortalized my name
By renaming Douglas road that cried for my innocent blood
Although you denied my death earlier and said there was no casualty
Now my name you have made to live forever
But my destiny you killed and killed forever.

Having raised me to the rank of sainthood
Receive my sincere benediction:
“Not that your tenth generations will enjoy the blessings from my martyrdom
But you won't die until you have enjoyed your due blessings.

To follow and understand this ugly incident, please read: WHY THE INNOCENT LAD?





Comments

Trending

RATS RULING A NATION

DON’T KILL YOURSELF

BUT OJUKWU NEVER TOLD US ( A Poem)