HAPPY BIRTHDAY SENIOR FELLOW


Lend me your quill
And make me famous
Not for tomorrow
But just for today.

Lend me your quill
And I will scribe to shake the world
Not to cause an earthquake
Or make the wind run more than its speed
But to make the living and even the dead rejoice.

Your story is already viral on earth
But today permit me to show her your path
After reading your: ‘Ome Ihe Jide Ofo Afo!’- A play
I concluded to be your apostle, though never told you
I surprised you and made you say ‘waoooo’
When after reading it and remised it into a Verse Drama.

You saw my zeal and concurred
When I said “It is my business”- My collection of poems
As you took it as your own business as well
To make the world hear my ‘juvenile voice’
That even after my demise, I still live.

Knowing you is a blessing to posterity
Because my children’s children
Will tell our story
So on this your day, I pray for you thus:

“Your sun will shine and shine and shine
Your moon will illuminate and illuminate and illuminate
Your stars will remain beautiful than beauty itself
You sky will grow higher beyond eyes
And your rains will fall even in dry season.

“The voice of your pen will be heard
Beyond this earth to reach the third heavens
And as you grow more grey hairs
You will be happy to call me your apostle
When you wine and dine with the ‘big heads’ of the world.”

Happy birthday and many more years
Poet Stephen Obinna Abara
(Sub Lieutenant Nigeria Merchant Navy, Editor Anthology of African Poetry USA and CEO Glomac Publisher, Canada)
©Francis Onwuchuruba
Poet/Author of “It is my business”- A collection of poems on Nigeria socio-economic and political issues.


Comments

Trending

RATS RULING A NATION

DON’T KILL YOURSELF

BUT OJUKWU NEVER TOLD US ( A Poem)