AN ADVICE FROM THE DEVIL

AN ADVICE FROM THE DEVIL

I know that I am no longer holy
Because for years, I have lost my glory
I know that I am no longer an angel
And I blame myself for being a fallen angel.

I concur; I am the father of all liars
Owing to my biblical affairs
I know my name is Devil
And without dispute I am the master of all evil.

But with my ink coated with filth
I write to the world now blessed with my guilt
I know the bible nicknamed me the accuser of the brethren
That’s why I am confronting you my earthly brethren.

You draw the angels in white, so beautiful
And coat their garments in spotless gold so wonderful
But my image, you draw in black, very ugly
And you forget that I was once an angel, very beautiful.

When out of greed you steal
And when caught and blamed for the ill
You blatantly accuse me and say “It is the Devil”
But did I stand beside you to perform the evil?

In your greed too, you seek me for a blood money
Because to you, money is sweeter than the honey
Your heart you hardened and killed someone that loved you
Now who is the murderer, me or you?

You see a beautiful young girl parading in shameless nakedness
And I inspired you with lust to see her succulent laps
Then after satisfying your lust, you blame me for the rape offence
Didn’t you know that you could have rejected the lust in your conscience?

I have no time to write further
Because I have to attend to some issues in the hell fire
God has given you a gift He deprived me
Guard your CONSCIENCE jealously if you must win me.

An advice from the Devil” is a yet to be published didactic poetry collections. The poems therein are purely edifying and instructive to enhance the already dying morals I our societies. Catch you!
©Francis Onwuchuruba (05/09/2017)
Facebook Page: A Poet Tells No Lies

Twitter: @Francisdpoet

Comments

Trending

RATS RULING A NATION

DON’T KILL YOURSELF

BUT OJUKWU NEVER TOLD US ( A Poem)